Sunday, February 7, 2010

I didn't post something yesterday. I am still getting used to the whole blogging thing.

Well...the snow hit. All 30 inches of it!!!!!! Today will be the digging out day. Thank God for my brother for doing a lot of the work today. I was getting a lot of other very random work done around my room.

I did laundry, homework, and relaxed. I still have the chapters of my book to read, and thats about it. I just wanted to take a day and do nothing but work.

My period started, and when that is going on I feel the need to get my homework done. Oh well. I didn't even take a shower yesterday, because I spent so much time online.

What did you do?

I also spent a significant part of the day chatting online. I used Skype! I talked to Karyn for about an hour!

Which brings me to my next topic: communication.

We talked about this in my reading class. How communication has changed over the years. Almost no one has a house phone anymore. Not that many people even talk on phones anyway. Lots of texting happens. Texting has revolutionized communication as a whole. I don't really want to have a conversation with you. Instead, I will just text you the small thing that I have to tell you so we don't really have to talk.

I feel like we have lost a sense of communication with people in one sense, yet in another...like last night. Karyn called me, and we talked on the computer for over an hour. I met her friend that came over, and I also made some plans with her. Weird. It was weird seeing someone that is in Australia, and have a great conversation with her!

So, technology in some ways has enhanced technology, but in another way it has diminished it. No one writes letters anymore when they can just e-mail. It is sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment