Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Here's to my sanity...

I am off today. Nothing is going on, except that I have class tonight. It is good to have days off during the week.

That means that I am going to work weekends now. Scary! This Thursday, I am going to classes to get DuPont certified as a nurse's aide. I am somewhat excited about it. I mean, if I am eventually going to become a nurse, I have to start somewhere, right?

So, I am going to get trained on wiping butts, and feeding babies. I am working with Jason. This means that I am getting gowned up and going into rooms. Finally, I am going to be shown how to do things.

It is exciting to me, and I am not sure why I mean there is no reason for me to truly be excited. It is not a pay raise, or anything really special. I am just doing a different job.

I just feel that we can be very complacent in our jobs, and our lives. It is not that I don't like my job, I am just very bored with it sometimes. I also have class during the week, and do not sleep very much when I am Monday-Friday all the time.

Monday-Friday, 7-3. I feel like it was the job that everyone wanted on the unit. All the aides would talk about how that is what they wanted, and I was the one that had it, but I was just frustrated with the whole thing. By Friday, it was like I entered into another world as a Zombie. I can't stand having days that seem like they never end. I am hoping that this will change, and I will not have to take as many vacations to even stay afloat.

And now for something completely different...

No comments:

Post a Comment