Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fireproof...

So, last night I watched a movie with a bunch of friends called Fireproof. The movie was not at all academy-award winning. I don't think Kirk Cameron is a great actor, nor do I find any of the other actors and actresses great.

It did however have a good message. I mean, Kirk Cameron is a firefighter that is very close to ending his marriage to his wife. He works 24 hour shifts, and then is off for two days. He doesn't help around the house. His wife just works all the time doing PR for a hospital. His Father hands him a book called the Love Dare.

He does it, and comes to God...I won't tell you the rest.

Anyway, so after the movie I immediately thought of my brother and Jamie. I bought them the book in hopes that they might do it, and a change will happen.

It also got me thinking, I mean, I am very very very far from being a perfect person. I, in no way, have called myself that. Being a perfect person would come with a lot of responsibility. I mean, Jesus, man, he had a lot going on, and he was perfect.

This presents me with a challenge for myself, a "Dare" if you will. These basic principles could be applied to my walk with God, right? I mean, in the movie when they are next to that cross, and his Father asked him how can you love someone unconditionally, when all they do is hurt you? Of course this was referencing God's love for us, but really, it is kind of a personal dare. What am I going to let God do in my life. How am I going to let him change me? Will I do that?

Who knows? Only God does.

No comments:

Post a Comment