Friday, May 1, 2020

Facebook

I am not sure how to say this. I am not sure what this is going to do when I put this out on the Internet, but during this quarantine, how good is social media?

Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, and all the rest of them. During this time, over 90% of the world is sitting at home, either because they are working from home, or they are sick. Quarantine has caused many of that 90% to spend more time online. Some are connecting with family over Zoom or some other way, but there are so many that are alone.

Many elderly people are home alone. Some do not even have any family nearby to check on them. So many people are spending more time on social media watching people post pictures of their significant other, their dogs, their children. These instances happen to take the lonely person that is sitting at home to a very dark place.

Some long for that kind of companionship, others do not know what to long for anymore. Some have outlived their significant other, children, and other family members. Some have drifted apart from family members and are just plain alone.

Please be aware of these people. Be aware of what you are posting online. Be aware of your surroundings. I do not plan on sharing this blog with anyone, this is just a reminder for myself, not to get caught up in being lonely.

Yes, I am alone, but God is my strength. I am not lonely. Jesus is the one that matters. I do not need to pay attention to all of the people that are surrounded by family and friends in their quarantine because that is who they live with.

I live with my Mom, my lovely mom that has no clue what is happening in my life. She does not know that I find myself aching for someone to be with. Not sure if I am looking for a husband quite yet, I'm not there. I'm just looking for friends, someone to be in contact with. Someone to help me with my homework. Someone.

Be aware of the lonely people.

No comments:

Post a Comment