Thursday, April 30, 2020

Healthcare workers unite!


Hello, my name is Rachel and I am a unit clerk at a children’s hospital. I am writing this today because if you don’t find a way to express yourself during such a time as this, your brain might implode.

I am writing this as a health care worker and as a person. Healthcare workers are people too. We are doctors, nurses, nurses’ aides, housekeeping, contractors, security, social workers, hospital administration, the IT professionals, nutritionists, and so many more people. We are not just a few people; we are a team. This team did not ask for a pandemic, but we are doing our best to work through it.

There are lots of hospitals that are so overwhelmed and very understaffed. There are other hospitals that are trying to find solutions to help those hospitals because like I said before, we are a team. Healthcare professionals work as a team.

This pandemic requires very little to control. You do not need to be a superhero. You do not need to know how to fly or fight in a war. All you have to do is STAY HOME! If you have to go somewhere, WEAR A MASK! DO NOT wear gloves at the grocery store. Wash and sanitize your hands! 


Yes, this quarantine has been so hard, mentally, and physically it has been so hard. Staying at home by yourself or even with your family is very hard. Please reach out to your friends over the phone, over zoom, or any other avenue you have to keep in touch.

I do not know how I would get through it without God. I need Him to be with me every day. I need my friends from all over! I need people! Everyone needs people.

Working in a hospital even gets lonely. Things change constantly in healthcare. We have many requirements on us that are taxing. We are tired. This is not a call for pity, this is just my way of asking you to please do your part. Check on the elderly around you. Be a light in this world, don't contribute to all the darkness all around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment